Sunday, June 19, 2011

What Does That Mean For Us?

Today in his sermon Keith mentioned that the majority of Christians leave their church between the ages of 18-24. He also said that 50% of them would come back if someone would take the time to go to visit them personally to tell them how much they are loved and missed.

So my question is: what does that mean for us? As individuals, as a women's ministry, and as a church family? What are we being called to do to reach this age group? How can we minister to them?

What about members of any age groups who have left, or just aren't involved, or maybe once were but aren't now? What are we called to do for them?

How far are we willing to stretch ourselves out of our comfort zone to share Jesus Christ with another person? I'll let you in on a secret. It is hard for me to pass out invitations. I don't know why it is so hard for me to do that, but it always has been hard for me. It is harder for me to do that than it is for me to talk one on one with someone or teach a Bible class. For me, to pass out invitations is way out of my comfort zone. So I am already praying for courage to not back down when it comes to passing out invites to our kick-off in September. And I know that all of us have things that are more difficult for us and send us out of our comfort zone. But let's make the commitment to go to God with those, and to allow Him to transform us, so that He can reveal Himself to us and through us in a way in which we could not ask or imagine.

Grace and peace to you all!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment